Sunday 30 March 2014

John Lewis - my picks of new and vintage

Hola, lovely jewellery lovers. Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there. I hope you've had a smashing day. I certainly have :) 

Today I have decided to have a look at and share my picks from John Lewis online. I decided to do this when looking on the website for new baby gifts for my little sister. 

John Lewis has two jewellery sections; jewellery, and VINTAGE jewellery. You know how much I love vintage, so this is going to be fun. I'll start in the "new" jewellery section and end on vintage. There are an astounding 3,447 pieces to look at, just in the "new" section, so let's get started...! 

[note - I've posted about John Lewis items before and I'm not going to repeat myself - please check out my tags for other desirable items from JL].

Necklaces: 







1. Astley Clarke Colour // 18 carat gold vermeil multiple disc long necklace // £195  
2. Alex Monroe // 22 carat gold plated lolite baby bluebell pendant necklace // £108. 
2. Kojis // Graduated freshwater pearl necklace in white and pink // £350. 
3. Jou Jou // Rose quartz and silver ball double strand necklace // £49.50. 


Bracelets: 





1. Auren // 22 carat gold vermeil hexagonal gemstone bracelet // £69. 
2. Orelia // gold tone metal and and cubic zirconia arrow bangle // £18. 
3. Finesse // rose gold plated Pom Pom bangle // £55. 

Earrings: 


1. London Road // 9 carat rose gold moonstone bubble studs // £175. 
2. London Road // 9 carat rose quartz and pearl Burlington drop earrings // £330. 

Ring:


1. A B Davis // 9 carat gold flexi ring, slim // £85. 

VINTAGE:: 

Sharon Mills // 9 carat gold ruby and cultured pearl cocktail ring // £485. Just look at this vintage beauty. Yes it's "out there", yes it's extravagant, but what else do you need from a cocktail ring? This is one to wear on special occasions with that black cocktail dress. 


Alice Joseph Vintage // 1980s Grosse gilt filigree glass stone clip on earrings // £140. The detailing in these 1980s beauties is just superb. The green glass appears to have a marble and opalescent look to it. I particularly like the twisted rope-type part that goes around the outside of each earring. 


Alice Joseph Vintage // 1980s Yves Saint Laurent pink Swarovski crystal clip on earrings // £300. How I long for these YSL earrings to hang from my ears. I've had my eye on these for a while but I just cannot afford them, they are just utter perfection. Sigh. 


Eclectica // 1960s gold plated enamel bangle // £115. I can't make up my mind whether the enamelling looks like peacock feathers, koi scales, or something else, but whatever they look like, the enamelling is stunning. It has a Japanese feel about it, do you think?


Susan Caplan // 1950s gold plated seagrass collar necklace // £95. As far as collars go, this one is one of the best. Described as seagrass, this collar is unusual and very much a statement piece. Classic. 



Eclectica // 1980s Monet gold plated elephant brooch // £65. How adorable is this elephant and pearl brooch?! I am really starting to enjoy brooches and John Lewis has a fabulous selection, most of which are vintage. This one is my favourite of the lot & I think it's the pearl that I like so much, along with the little "bell" under his belly. 


Alice Joseph Vintage // 1990s Elizabeth Taylor for Avon gilt rose brooch // £185. This brooch is over the top and I think it's brilliant. It is the epitome of Avon in the 90s and it's spectacular. Worn on a black coat, this would stand out beautifully. 


Eclectica // 1980s miracle gold plated dagger brooch // £60. When I look at this it reminds me of the Guerlain loose kohl powders [I'll add a photo] which makes me love it even more. If only it opened and had a secret something inside. This looks luxurious and special. 



There we have it folks, all my favourites from John Lewis online. I could have picked a few more, but I wanted to be semi-selective. I think there are some proper treasures here and maybe something for everyone [although my tastes are definitely on the more eccentric end of the scale]. 

I hope you've all had a lovely Sunday and that your week follows suit. 

Thanks for reading, 

L. x

No comments:

Post a Comment