Friday 21 March 2014

Friday night is alright - Fine jewellery auction at Sotheby's.

We're chilling out with some America sweets that I got from a new sweet shop on my way home from work and watching some new American horror series on Netflix. Of course I am also skipping through the pages of the Internet, looking at sparkly things. What is it tonight, you ask? Well, let me share... 

SOTHEBY'S! Yes! Auctions. They have a fine jewellery auction coming up and seriously, these jewels could not be more beautiful. There are lots and lots of lovely things to look at but I do, of course, have my favourites. So, here they are... 

Lot 23 :: Amethyst, peridot, and enamel necklace, early 20th century. 

Isn't this just beautiful? Look at the intricate baskets that the gems are sitting in, and the colours - oh, the colours! Estimated at £2,000 - £3,000. 


Lot 83 :: Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond ring. Look at those rubies, that cabochon emerald, those sparkly diamonds! This is a rare beauty, when do you see emeralds looking like THAT?! For crying out loud, it's amazing. Estimated at £3,800 - £4,800. 



Lot 144 :: Lady's diamond wristwatch, Jaeger LeCouture, 1960's. Estimated at £3,000 - £4,000 and worth every penny [in my opinion]. This, along with the emerald ring are utter perfection to me. I'd have them both if I could. I could look at this watch all day. It has also made me want to look into "Jaeger LeCouture", which I'll do when I'm finished here. Elegant, beautiful, feminine. 





Lot 196 :: Pair of coral and diamond pendant earrings. Estimated at £1,500 - £2,000. Seriously, I'm not sure I can cope with all this glamour. I have a thing for this style of earrings after seeing THESE [link] earrings from Les Nereides and these earrings really remind me of them. Of course the Les Nereides are much more within my price range, but a girl can dream - right? 





Lot 283 :: Pair of sapphire and diamond pendant earrings, 1920s. Estimated at £5,000 - £7,000. Talking of glamour... oh, my... Look at the cut of those sapphires, and those diamonds. These are from the 1920s and I can only daydream about the glamorous life of the first owner. *le sigh* 



Lot 1847 :: Jadeite bead, ruby, and diamond necklace, Cartier, circa 1933. Yes, you read that correctly. Jadeite, ruby, diamond and CARTIER. My word... look at that catch, and that ruby red against that jadeite green. Just stunning. Please go to the link and have a play around with the zoom feature, those jadeite beads are stunning. The estimate must be more than I'll earn in a lifetime because it is available upon request. Oooo... 



Anyway, I've blabbered enough for a Friday night. I just wanted to share these finds with you. I can pretty much guarantee that this is not the last time I'll be talking about Sotheby's - there are lots, and lots of lovely, beautiful things that need to be talked about. 

G'night. 

Thanks for reading, 

L. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment