Sunday 6 April 2014

Bees, bees, and more bees.

Happy Sunday morning to all! I hope you've all had a smashing weekend so far. Our plans have fallen through for today so we are free agents. I think we might go out for some lunch/brunch/dinner later. But before all of that, I want to share some bee jewellery with you. 

[beneficialbugs.org]


I was watching Mary Berry on TV yesterday and she went to see a lady who looks after honey bees. She found out an interesting fact... honey bees, in their lifetime, only make 1/3 of a teaspoon of honey. If I try to fathom how many honey bees it takes to make all of the honey on the shelf in just my local Waitrose, it blows my mind. Mucho respect to the honey bees of the world and all of the super work they do in their 6-weeks of life. 

Of course, the queen of all bee necklaces is the bumblebee necklace from Alex Monroe. This is their signature piece [sadly I don't own one] and you can see why; it's very special. Alex Monroe offers lots of bees, so it would be rude to not show some of his other pieces too. 

Alex Monroe bumblebee necklace :: £150 :: 3cm wingspan :: comes in 22ct gold plate or silver, and there is a rose gold plate version for £165. There is also a baby version available for £132. 



Alex Monroe 18ct gold baby bee necklace :: £1,185 :: 2.5cm wingspan :: also comes in full size for £1,700 and Teeny Tiny for £465 [picture below] - this is the one I hope to own one day. This little beauty is 1.2cm across. Cute! 


Alex Monroe baby bee charm bracelet :: £195 in gold, £165 in sterling silver. Also on my wish list - I love the little heart and flower. 


I'm going to share one more piece of AM before I move on, but there are more gems on his website, just use the search feature and type in "bee". 

Alex Monroe honey bee and sapphire necklace :: £126 in gold plate / £108 in silver. The little sapphire looks like a drop of honey, and I really like details like that. Very pretty. 

Jewellery and watches are often put together in shops, so I'm comfortable in adding a watch to this lovely homage to the bee. I stumbled across this watch and thought it was perfect.. 

Olivia Burton Bee motif watch :: £125. 


Links of London 18ct gold and diamond bee charm :: £450. 

La vie des fleurs gerbera and bee necklace :: 135 euro. I love the little bee on this gerbera necklace from Les Nereides. I also really, really like the pearl part of the chain - this is typical of a Les Nereides necklace. 



Finally, if you want to pay homage to the bee, but you're not keen on wearing an actual bee, these stud earrings are very chic. 

Silver honeycomb earrings by Strange of London jewellery :: £46. 


So there we have it, please let me know in the comments if you have a favourite piece of bee jewellery. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and keep smiling. 

Thanks for reading, 

L. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment