Sunday 17 November 2013

Liberty, oh Liberty

I'm going to just put this out there. I love Liberty. I do, I love it. Here's a little history of the shop for those of you who are not familiar… (shamelessly stolen from Wiki). 

Liberty


Liberty is a department store on Regent Street, based in the West End shopping district of Central London. The department store sells a wide range of luxury goods including women’s, men’s and children’s fashion, cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery, accessories, homeware, furniture, stationery and gifts. Liberty is known for its floral and graphic prints.
Liberty’s third and fourth floors showcase innovative designs from famous gifting and homeware brands such as Ibride, MoorcroftEmma BridgewaterMason CashRob Ryan, House of Hackney, Rory Dobner and Tom Dixon. The third floor’s central atrium is home to the Liberty Haberdashery department and is dedicated to the Liberty Art Fabrics collection, which introduces new designs and reused updated prints each season.

It looks like this: 

They sell all sorts of wonderful things in Liberty; scarves, handbags, stationery (oh the stationery), fabric, much, much more, and… jewellery! 

When in store they have some more unique one-off antique pieces, which they don't have on their website, but these pics are from the website as I don't get to visit much in person. They stock some of my favourite designers, so you'll hopefully recognise some of them along the way… 

You'll notice that they carry the more unusual pieces, and this is one of the things I love about Liberty. 

1. Gold plated fine baroque double front ring by Alex Monroe. £150. 

This ring is just stunning. It is made from 22ct gold plated (silver, I assume?) with a green cabochon green tourmaline with seed pearls. It is a part of Alex Monroe's Banquet collection which came out only recently and this particular piece is exclusive to Liberty; lucky Liberty! Sadly it won't be adorning my finger as I'd need to get it re-sized, but it really is just beautiful. 




2. Silver oculus cuff by Pamela Love. £180. 

I've only recently discovered Pamela Love recently, so this cuff is brand new to me. I can't tell you much about it, but I do love a cuff. It's sterling silver and has an amazing double eye feature. There's a place in my heart for "evil eye" jewellery, so this is why this cuff made it on the list. I also like the extra "tear" detail on the right-hand eye. Nice touch. Here it is: 


3. Silver evol fire opal stud earrings by Anna Sheffield. £165. 

There are two things I like about these earrings. Number one: The amazing, amazing fire opals (set in sterling silver). Just look at that colour saturation; fire opal is certainly the correct name for them. I might have even called them lava opals. The second thing you don't spot until you see the side view. Look at how these fantastic opals are mounted… backwards! Who does this?! It gives them an extra edge which moves them from "they are pretty" to "oh my goodness, how will I live my life without them?". Here are both views for you to enjoy: 



4. Here comes the big one… 18ct gold, sapphire, and diamond ring by Kojis. £8,500. 

Seriously folks, look at this bad-ass ring! It features lots of good stuff - a cabochon moonstone, some oval sapphires, and then a gazillion brilliant cut white diamonds. I would be planning cocktail parties every week just so I had an excuse to wear it! 

There are a million and one pieces that I'd love to own by Kojis, and I'll save those for another day. Their catalogues just make me speechless. 



5. Gold nectar jasmine droplet necklace by Annoushka. £950. 

I like that this necklace has stones in the chain and then there are also droplets. I'm a sucker for droplet necklaces, especially "dew" type ones. These droplets are made from white sapphires. 



6. Last one (before the honourable mention). Yellow gold garnet and diamond ring by Ruth Tomlinson. £1,065. 

I'm enjoying ovals turned side-ways at the moment, which I think is why this one makes the cut. I also love the rustic/Roman-esque styling of the metal. It looks ancient! 

It's made up of red garnet and two diamonds. It doesn't say what colour the diamonds are, but they are obviously not white. So, so pretty, and very unique. 



That's it for tonight folks. I've got a chilli chicken in the oven and I've had a lovely weekend. I was also gifted a new Pandora bracelet today. It's one of the new bangles (Moments charm bangle) and here is a stock picture from their website: 


Oh, and before I go… Liberty are offering £30 off when you spend £150 online when you enter 30LIBERTY at checkout.

Bye for now. 

I just remembered my promise of an honourable mention! This necklace is the Blue resin key necklace by Isabel Marant. The reason it's getting an honourable mention is that I LOVE it, and I think the enamelling is just amazingly unique and perfect, but the necklace is made from brass and I don't know how long-lived that makes it, and at £115 that's a shame. I would have paid  bit more to get it in a precious metal. Isn't it beautiful?! It's actually in my top three from today's lot! 



Bye again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment