Friday 15 November 2013

Sunday spotlight… Citrine & gold.


It’s time for the Sunday spotlight and this week I’ll show you some beautiful ways to wear Citrine and gold. Citrine is a stunning stone from the quartz family that comes in many different shades. But less chatting and more showcasing! 
In the spotlight above I’m showing off the 22k gold vermeil necklace with a hand cut, faceted citrine. This is made by Dinny Hall and can be found here for £150. I think that the drop shape of this necklace gives the necklace a luxury look and the gold really shows off the deep colour of the citrine. I’m also going to quickly show you what the clasp looks like on this one because it’s a nice-looking feature. 



Dinny Hall also sells these citrine earrings (which can be found here). These earrings feature 7mm heart trillion cut gemstones with rose cut facets. 


Moving on I have to show you this ring from Tiffany & Co (here). It’s a bit out of range for a “pay-day treat” at £1,325, but it is Tiffany. 18k gold (not vermeil like above - not a bad thing but explains the price difference) Sparklers cocktail ring with an 8.5 carat, cushion cut citrine. Look at that colour saturation! The Tiffany & Co website only gives the bare minimum amount of information, sadly. So let’s just have a look... (look at that cushion cut - my favourite). 


Next there is a ring from Etsy (here). It is gold plated sterling silver and this time it’s a champagne citrine. Still beautiful, but more on the smokey side rather than bright. 10mm faceted round cut citrine. At 10mm this is going to be on the large side, but I have size 8.75 / R1/2 fingers so it would fit quite nicely. It can be yours for $62 from seller OhKuol. I’ve not purchased from this seller before, so I am not recommending, but they have some beautiful looking Druzy so it might not be too long. 

So there we have it. Some beautiful examples of citrine (at least I think so!). Let’s finish off with a “what I wore today” picture. These are my Alex Monroe Tiny Bird Loop earrings. Aren’t they wonderful? 


Bye for now folks. Keep checking back for updates. 
L. x

No comments:

Post a Comment